All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Chemax Manufacturing Corporation collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Chemax Manufacturing Corporation who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation was founded in 1954, and manufactures heat transfer cements and related accessories.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
· 1-800-804-4596 ext. 4
The only personal data we would like to collect from you is related to the Contact Form.
Personal data type:
Name, E-mail, Phone
The voluntary personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
· Allowing Chemax Mfg. Corp. to respond to inquires regarding product questions, pricing, or order processing.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
· Conducting business related to heat transfer cement (and related products).
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Chemax Manufacturing Corporation to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the DPO.
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3.4 Retention period
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation will process personal data for a length of time necessary to resolve the inquiry and will store the personal data for a period of time relevant to the stated business of customer. This information is stored in-house only, and will never be shared with entities outside of Chemax Manufacturing Corporation, other than distributors (after express consent of customer). Chemax Manufacturing Corporation is a family-owned and operated, privately-held company and does not possess/process large amounts of personal user data.
Credit card information is destroyed immediately after payment processing.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
· Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Chemax Manufacturing Corporation (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Chemax Manufacturing Corporation’s data protection representatives [Data Protection Officer (DPO)] / [GDPR Owner].
The details for each of these contacts are:
[Data Protection Officer (DPO)] / [GDPR Owner] contact details
1025 River Road
New Castle, Delaware 19720
1-800-804-4596 ext. 4
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Chemax Manufacturing Corporation, will collect and use your personal data for responding to inquires related to subjects discussed by user in the contact form.
Why does Chemax Manufacturing Corporation need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a quotation or information on our products, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Chemax Manufacturing Corporation would contact you for additional consent.
Will Chemax Manufacturing Corporation share my personal data with anyone else?
No. Contact form information is for internal use only, unless customer requests to be put into contact with an authorized distributor.
How will Chemax Manufacturing Corporation use the personal data it collects about me?
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Chemax Manufacturing Corporation is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Chemax Manufacturing Corporation contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Chemax Manufacturing Corporation does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
· Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
· Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
· The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
· If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Chemax Manufacturing Corporation, information about those interests.
· The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
· Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
· If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
· How long the data will be stored.
· Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
· How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
· Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
· The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
· Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Chemax Manufacturing Corporation accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving license, or birth certificate
Contact details of the [Data Protection Officer (DPO)] / [GDPR Owner]:
Data Protection Officer (DPO) / GDPR Owner contact details
1025 River Road
New Castle, Delaware 19720
1-800-804-4596 ext. 4